Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- CLC Honor Guard
- CLC Honor Guard Philadelphia respectufully shows their last respects to the brave men and women who have dedicated their life for our country and the freedom of the United States of America.
- VA Physicians Recognized for Excellence
- The Philadelphia VA Medical Center is proud to acknowledge three physicians who each received the Academy of Master Clinicians award from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
- VA Care Among Highest in Patient Satisfaction
- The independent 2013 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) reports Veterans enrolled and using VA health care are “highly satisfied” with the quality of care and their relationships with their clinical providers.
- Electronically Donate to the Games
- With less than 150 days to go… your opportunity to support the 34th National Veterans Wheelchair Games in Philadelphia is now here! You can now donate to the Games electronically!
- A Good Deed is Never Lost
- Emmanuel "Manny" Jean-Louis, a Physician Assistant (PA) in the
Emergency Department (ED) at the Philadelphia VAMC, recently
volunteered for a mission in Haiti with the non-profit organization,
Blue Sky Surgical Team.
- Wear Red Day 2014
- February is American Heart Month, and with the help of the American Heart Association, Philadelphia VAMC is once again bringing awareness to our women Veterans. Go Red for Women!
- Caring for Veterans A Team Effort
- A dedicated team of Philadelphia VA Medical Center social workers provide assistance around the clock to local homeless Veterans during the unusually cold and snowy winter storms.
- Wear Red Day
- Feb. is American Heart Month, and PVAMC is proud to work with the American Heart Association to bring awareness to our women Veterans and their families. Don't forget to Wear Red on Friday, Feb. 7 – Go Red for Women!
- Philadelphia VAMC's Compensated Work Therapy
- PVAMC began participating in the VA’s Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program in 2006. CWT has three programs; Transitional Work Experience (TWE), Supported Employment, & Homeless Veteran supported Employment Program.
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports—Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Planting Cabbage on Earth Day in a Healing Ground
- Hundreds of Veterans have found a safe haven for dealing with a variety of issues in a Walla Walla VA “Healing Ground” garden. Thinking about things with the “clarity of fresh air.”
- Veterans and Medical Centers Celebrate Earth Day
- Veterans are seeing green as they join VA Medical Centers across the country in a variety of programs to celebrate Earth Day initiatives that help the planet and create a healing environment.
- Do You Know How Much Salt is in that Soup?
- With K-rations, you ate what you got. Today, Veterans can make smart decisions about the food they put in their body. Here’s a quick and easy summary of how to read those Nutrition Facts Labels.
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.