Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- VA Physicians Recognized for Excellence
- The Philadelphia VA Medical Center is proud to acknowledge three physicians who each received the Academy of Master Clinicians award from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
- VA Care Among Highest in Patient Satisfaction
- The independent 2013 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) reports Veterans enrolled and using VA health care are “highly satisfied” with the quality of care and their relationships with their clinical providers.
- Electronically Donate to the Games
- With less than 150 days to go… your opportunity to support the 34th National Veterans Wheelchair Games in Philadelphia is now here! You can now donate to the Games electronically!
- A Good Deed is Never Lost
- Emmanuel "Manny" Jean-Louis, a Physician Assistant (PA) in the
Emergency Department (ED) at the Philadelphia VAMC, recently
volunteered for a mission in Haiti with the non-profit organization,
Blue Sky Surgical Team.
- Wear Red Day 2014
- February is American Heart Month, and with the help of the American Heart Association, Philadelphia VAMC is once again bringing awareness to our women Veterans. Go Red for Women!
- Caring for Veterans A Team Effort
- A dedicated team of Philadelphia VA Medical Center social workers provide assistance around the clock to local homeless Veterans during the unusually cold and snowy winter storms.
- Wear Red Day
- Feb. is American Heart Month, and PVAMC is proud to work with the American Heart Association to bring awareness to our women Veterans and their families. Don't forget to Wear Red on Friday, Feb. 7 – Go Red for Women!
- Philadelphia VAMC's Compensated Work Therapy
- PVAMC began participating in the VA’s Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program in 2006. CWT has three programs; Transitional Work Experience (TWE), Supported Employment, & Homeless Veteran supported Employment Program.
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports—Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- Walk with Ease
- The Arthritis Foundation’s Walk with Ease program is coming to the Philadelphia VA Medical Center. Walk With Ease is an exercise program that can reduce pain and improve overall health.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.
- Summer Reminder: Sunglasses Protect Your Eyes
- Veterans should be cautious and protect their eyes from the sun. Good quality sunglasses are recommended when outdoors, even if it’s for a few minutes at a time.
- 10 of the Stories Most Read by Vets on VA Web Site
- The web site for the Veterans Health Administration is a helpful gateway to numerous resources for Veterans and their families. Here are just a few of the most popular features posted this past year.
- VA Health Care System Named Most Wired - Again!
- For the second year in a row, VA has been named to the 2014 “Most Wired” hospitals list, a national survey ranking hospitals leveraging health information technology in new and innovative ways.
- Nurse Navigator Simplifies the Maze for Patients
- Hospitals can be a maze. That’s why Joan Stewart and Debera Charlton are amazing. The Nurse Navigator steer patients through the treatment systems at Montana’s VA Medical Center.
- VA Hosts July 4th Ceremonies for Veterans
- Hundreds of VA employees and volunteers at VA Medical Centers across the country spend their July 4th holiday hosting special events for the men and women we serve — America’s Veterans.
- Senior Veterans Going for the Gold - One More Time
- Hundreds of Veterans are heading to the Ozark Mountains for the Golden Age Games, designed to improve the quality of life for older Veterans with a wide range of abilities and disabilities.
- I Cannot Be This Person
- Finding it hard to be home alone or feel comfortable in public places, Laura Hendrixon is determined to get better for her family and her career.
- Connecting Veterans with Telehealth
- The relationship between patients and the health care system will dramatically change with telehealth. High levels of patient satisfaction and positive outcomes say this is the right direction.
- Brain's 'Error Messages' May Hold PTSD Clue
- VA researchers are looking at how Veterans with PTSD react to their own mistakes. The results could reveal clues as to why some Veterans are more resilient to traumatic events.