Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- VA Physicians Recognized for Excellence
- The Philadelphia VA Medical Center is proud to acknowledge three physicians who each received the Academy of Master Clinicians award from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
- VA Care Among Highest in Patient Satisfaction
- The independent 2013 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) reports Veterans enrolled and using VA health care are “highly satisfied” with the quality of care and their relationships with their clinical providers.
- Electronically Donate to the Games
- With less than 150 days to go… your opportunity to support the 34th National Veterans Wheelchair Games in Philadelphia is now here! You can now donate to the Games electronically!
- A Good Deed is Never Lost
- Emmanuel "Manny" Jean-Louis, a Physician Assistant (PA) in the
Emergency Department (ED) at the Philadelphia VAMC, recently
volunteered for a mission in Haiti with the non-profit organization,
Blue Sky Surgical Team.
- Wear Red Day 2014
- February is American Heart Month, and with the help of the American Heart Association, Philadelphia VAMC is once again bringing awareness to our women Veterans. Go Red for Women!
- Caring for Veterans A Team Effort
- A dedicated team of Philadelphia VA Medical Center social workers provide assistance around the clock to local homeless Veterans during the unusually cold and snowy winter storms.
- Wear Red Day
- Feb. is American Heart Month, and PVAMC is proud to work with the American Heart Association to bring awareness to our women Veterans and their families. Don't forget to Wear Red on Friday, Feb. 7 – Go Red for Women!
- Philadelphia VAMC's Compensated Work Therapy
- PVAMC began participating in the VA’s Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program in 2006. CWT has three programs; Transitional Work Experience (TWE), Supported Employment, & Homeless Veteran supported Employment Program.
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports—Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- Walk with Ease
- The Arthritis Foundation’s Walk with Ease program is coming to the Philadelphia VA Medical Center. Walk With Ease is an exercise program that can reduce pain and improve overall health.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.
- Thousands Sign Up for Dental Insurance
- Over 60,000 Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have signed up for a dental insurance plan for Veterans with no dental coverage and those eligible for VA dental care who want more coverage.
- Parades Planned Across America on Veterans Day
- On Veterans Day, November 11, Americans pause to honor and salute the men and women whose service and sacrifice made our freedom possible – an annual day of thanks from a grateful nation.
- Tabby Cat Makes Life Easier for Dying Veterans
- An orange tabby cat named Tom lives on the hospice unit of the Salem VA Medical Center in Virginia, providing comfort, amusement and companionship to dying Veterans and their family members.
- VA Offers Programs for Family Caregivers
- The job of caregiver is not easy. It can lead to frustration and burnout. That's why VA has developed two very helpful programs to make the task of caring for your loved one easier and healthier.
- Burn pit exposure? Sign up now in VA Registry.
- Exposed to burn pits or other airborne hazards while deployed? Believe you have health conditions related to these exposures? Join VA's Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry. Learn how here.
- Veterans Arts Festival is Fun and Therapeutic
- VA's Annual Creative Arts Festival is a nation-wide talent competition that lets thousands of Veterans express themselves creatively while helping with their mental and physical health and recovery.