Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- VA Physicians Recognized for Excellence
- The Philadelphia VA Medical Center is proud to acknowledge three physicians who each received the Academy of Master Clinicians award from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
- VA Care Among Highest in Patient Satisfaction
- The independent 2013 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) reports Veterans enrolled and using VA health care are “highly satisfied” with the quality of care and their relationships with their clinical providers.
- Electronically Donate to the Games
- With less than 150 days to go… your opportunity to support the 34th National Veterans Wheelchair Games in Philadelphia is now here! You can now donate to the Games electronically!
- A Good Deed is Never Lost
- Emmanuel "Manny" Jean-Louis, a Physician Assistant (PA) in the
Emergency Department (ED) at the Philadelphia VAMC, recently
volunteered for a mission in Haiti with the non-profit organization,
Blue Sky Surgical Team.
- Wear Red Day 2014
- February is American Heart Month, and with the help of the American Heart Association, Philadelphia VAMC is once again bringing awareness to our women Veterans. Go Red for Women!
- Caring for Veterans A Team Effort
- A dedicated team of Philadelphia VA Medical Center social workers provide assistance around the clock to local homeless Veterans during the unusually cold and snowy winter storms.
- Wear Red Day
- Feb. is American Heart Month, and PVAMC is proud to work with the American Heart Association to bring awareness to our women Veterans and their families. Don't forget to Wear Red on Friday, Feb. 7 – Go Red for Women!
- Philadelphia VAMC's Compensated Work Therapy
- PVAMC began participating in the VA’s Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program in 2006. CWT has three programs; Transitional Work Experience (TWE), Supported Employment, & Homeless Veteran supported Employment Program.
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports—Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- Walk with Ease
- The Arthritis Foundation’s Walk with Ease program is coming to the Philadelphia VA Medical Center. Walk With Ease is an exercise program that can reduce pain and improve overall health.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.