Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- VA Physicians Recognized for Excellence
- The Philadelphia VA Medical Center is proud to acknowledge three physicians who each received the Academy of Master Clinicians award from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
- VA Care Among Highest in Patient Satisfaction
- The independent 2013 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) reports Veterans enrolled and using VA health care are “highly satisfied” with the quality of care and their relationships with their clinical providers.
- Electronically Donate to the Games
- With less than 150 days to go… your opportunity to support the 34th National Veterans Wheelchair Games in Philadelphia is now here! You can now donate to the Games electronically!
- A Good Deed is Never Lost
- Emmanuel "Manny" Jean-Louis, a Physician Assistant (PA) in the
Emergency Department (ED) at the Philadelphia VAMC, recently
volunteered for a mission in Haiti with the non-profit organization,
Blue Sky Surgical Team.
- Wear Red Day 2014
- February is American Heart Month, and with the help of the American Heart Association, Philadelphia VAMC is once again bringing awareness to our women Veterans. Go Red for Women!
- Caring for Veterans A Team Effort
- A dedicated team of Philadelphia VA Medical Center social workers provide assistance around the clock to local homeless Veterans during the unusually cold and snowy winter storms.
- Wear Red Day
- Feb. is American Heart Month, and PVAMC is proud to work with the American Heart Association to bring awareness to our women Veterans and their families. Don't forget to Wear Red on Friday, Feb. 7 – Go Red for Women!
- Philadelphia VAMC's Compensated Work Therapy
- PVAMC began participating in the VA’s Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program in 2006. CWT has three programs; Transitional Work Experience (TWE), Supported Employment, & Homeless Veteran supported Employment Program.
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports—Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- Walk with Ease
- The Arthritis Foundation’s Walk with Ease program is coming to the Philadelphia VA Medical Center. Walk With Ease is an exercise program that can reduce pain and improve overall health.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- VA Nurse Goes the Extra Mile in Veteran Care
- While treating a Veteran patient, Nurse Chuck Maulden noticed the Veteran's feet were in really bad shape with huge blisters probably due to worn out shoes. They both wore the same size shoe. So...
- Is This the Year You Will Volunteer on MLK Day?
- For Volunteers who work every day to help our Veterans, the MLK holiday is one more opportunity to repay the men and women who have sacrificed so much for America. Find out how you can join in.
- Dying Veteran Gets Married at Buffalo VA
- An Army Veteran with not long to live decided it was time to marry his girlfriend of 17 years. The staff at the Buffalo VA, where he’s receiving cancer treatments, helped him turn his wish into reality.
- Joint Effort Helps Homeless Vets in 25 Cities
- During one of the coldest weeks of winter, it’s difficult to imagine what it must be like to have no heat, no home, and no help. VA is working hard to get help to America’s Veterans who are experiencing homelessness.
- Helping Beneficiaries Stricken with Spina Bifida
- About 1,300 people are enrolled in the Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program where VA is looking at better ways to help people stricken with the disorder get the care they need.
- Glaucoma: Silent Cause of Vision Loss
- One-and-a-half million Veterans have a vision threatening eye disease, including 285,000 with glaucoma, which usually starts without any symptoms. Get tested now — it's quick and painless.
- 2015 New Year's Resolution: End Binge Eating
- VA Researchers are taking a close look at an issue threatening the health of many Veterans: binge eating. If you recognize this in yourself, follow the MOVE link at the end of the story. VA is here to help
- Top 10 Stories from VA Health Care in 2014
- Each year, we post more than 100 stories about health topics on the VA Health Care and VA Medical Center home pages. Here are the Top 10 stories from 2014, based on our reader’s visits.
- To Face Unafraid, the Plans that We've Made
- Food, fun and gifts: At VA medical centers across the country, hundreds of volunteers, community organizations and VA staff come together to help America’s Veterans celebrate the holiday season.
- Want Less Stress? Check Out This Veteran Resource
- Holiday stress for Veterans can be especially difficult with unique challenges, like transitioning into civilian life or being separated from your family. Here’s a great online resource…with Apps!